Jump to navigation Jump to search
Blogging with a Mediawiki site
This is a test to see if it would be practical to blog using a Mediawiki site. Take a look at Blog for its evolution.
Issues to overcome
- The very fact that the basic editor doesn't allow the automatic in-line insertion of links to other pages might be enough to put others off.
- The inability of a basic editor to insert images without a seperate upload and specific link code may put most of those remaining off. Me, though? I like a (moderate) challenge.
- Page names such 'Blog:20141019_BloggingWithMediawiki' as may be very unfriendly unless a URL shortener is employed.
Potential solutions to the above
- Non-trivial, so ignoring for now.'
- A simple template to call up an image and display it at a predefined width is a trivial exercise.
- Needs thought.