This page is overly-technical. That means the solutions below can be achieved more elegantly and in a manner that's ultimately more readable when adapting for use in other scenarios.
- 1 What it is
- 2 What you need
- 3 Samples
- 3.1 Display occurrences of the #QuoteSunday hashtag using Felix:
- 3.2 Display occurrences of a pre-populated list of hashtags, using Felix
- 3.3 Search WikiQuote for quotations:
- 3.4 Paste a #QuoteSunday quotation from the clipboard, add a bit of formatting then post via Felix:
- 3.5 Patter #WedCTheme post & broadcast
- 4 External links
- 5 Footnotes
What it is
A few sample Launch Center Pro (LCP) Actions.
It may help, when preparing to create a new action, to understand that LCP (an app centred around URL schemes) expects control codes or non-alphanumeric characters to be converted to their hexadecimal equivalents - i.e. URL-encoded.
It's easier than it looks! Also, the majority of the time URL-encoding is unnecessary - one can enclose the text in curly braces and it'll work fine without the hard-to-read code.
<jedi>This is not the resource you are looking for - you want to read the app's help.</jedi>
What you need
(In the iPhone App Store, see also external links at the bottom of the page.)
- Launch Center Pro for iOS - a 'speed-dial' for automating tasks.
- The Felix App.net client for iOS.
- The Patter App.net client for iOS.
Display occurrences of the #QuoteSunday hashtag using Felix:
- Simply passes "quotesunday" to Felix and starts a hashtag search.
- Passes a selected item in a list to Felix and starts a hashtag search.
- The items in the list - which starts with a "Hashtag?" prompt and a "|" - are separated by the "|" character.
Search WikiQuote for quotations:
- Opens a dialogue asking for "Search Terms" and then searches Wikiquote.org for the text just input.
Paste a #QuoteSunday quotation from the clipboard, add a bit of formatting then post via Felix:
A little more complex this example:
- Assumes the user has already copied a quotation from Wikiquote (or elsewhere) to the iOS clipboard.
- Starts a new Felix post with a leading quotation mark character.
- Pastes the contents of the iOS clipboard and two linefeeds,
- Adds a hash character and "QuoteSunday".
- (Requires user intervention before posting, to tidy up from the original text and to add a trailing quotation mark, and to press the post button.)
Patter #WedCTheme post & broadcast
Even more complex. Perhaps a look at the App's help would be in order before starting this one?
- Opens Patter with an x-callback-url thingy (eeek!),
- Starts to compose a new post to Patter channel 2443 (Writers Write,)
- Adds the URL-encoded text "Time to choose a #WedCTheme everyone! Got any ideas?" plus 2 linefeeds,
- Pauses for user input "Suggestion", adds 2 linefeeeds,
- Adds a link to the #WednesdayChallenge entry at the ADN Wiki,
- Finally adds 2 linefeeds - in case any more text is required.
After this executes it will automatically add a link back to the patter room. There's still a useful amount of text remaining to add a suggestion and a bit of closing text.
There is no linefeed part-way through this - copy and paste it all.
- You probably know what it does if you're here.